Sunday, March 29, 2009

I'm so glad when daddy comes home...

Alise loves it when I come home, but it isn't because I am home. The first thing I see when I open the door is a huge smile from Zadik and a cute daughter who comes running to me. I don't get a hello, a hi dad, a hug, or a kiss. Instead I get a greedy little hand shoved into my pocket to grab a tootsie roll. The law school has a candy dish that I raid every day. Lately I have been getting a tootsie roll for Alise every day too. She loves them, enough so that she has come to expect it every day.

Alise has also learned her second song. The first song was row, row, row your boat. Now she has learned I'm so glad when daddy comes home. It is really cute to hear her sing it at night, but she usually gives mommy the hug and kiss instead of daddy. I am working on correcting that.

One more cute Alise story for this post. Lately she has resumed her stall tactics at night, trying to avoid going to bed. She will come out and ask for a drink of water or say she has had a bad dream two minutes after we put her down. But tonight she was much more creative. Just after we closed her door and started down the steps we heard her door open and shut quickly. Then we heard her crying for her bear (which she sleeps with every night). When we went up to check on her we found her bear sitting right outside her door where he had just been placed. We were laughing so hard we had to just come downstairs.

1 comment:

Grandma B said...

I hope Alise is alright without Bear! She's the best grandaughter any grandma could ask for!!!! I love you Alise and Zadik! Good luck Daddy! Mommies always get the hugs though! :)
Love, Grnadma Beckstead
Thanks for the update!