I graduated, and yet I spent all day today at my carrel in the Library. I will spend all day tomorrow here, and the day after that, and the day after that, and so on for the next couple months. I wish I could take some time off and relax, but I am already behind in my studying for the bar.
I did have a nice graduation week though. My parents and older sister came out for a week and were able to spend some time with my family. I think my parents were especially glad to spend some time with their grandkids. We took them to several of our favorite spots here in Bloomington, including the Wonderlab, Cheeseburgers in Paradise (would you like some coconut mom?), going for a walk on the rail trail while we did some birdwatching, and having a Dutch Oven in Yellowwood Forest.
The graduation ceremonies themselves were a bit interesting. I went to a university wide commencement in the morning followed my a law school only ceremony in the afternoon. Zadik would not sit still for the first (main commencement) ceremony, so Jenny missed most of it. I got to attend all of it, but I wouldn't do it again if I had the choice. After a venting session, we headed off to each lunch at a banquet hall. Zadik continued to be a pain-in-the-butt, so we dropped him off with a babysitter. Alise wanted to go to the second ceremony, but she ended up falling asleep before I could walk across the stage.
I am glad to be done with law school though. It was a very long ordeal that has so far not paid the dividends that I expected it to. Three years ago I did not expect to be moving into someone's basement while I look for a job flipping burgers. (My career services office told us to flip burger or wait tables after we take the bar and begin waiting for our results) Enough whining though, life is never quite what you expect, so you deal with it and move on. Currently the job prospects are slim, but I'm not too worried about it yet. In our current economy no one is even willing to talk to you until you have passed the bar. I will start to worry if I haven't had any good leads by the middle to end of November.
1 comment:
Coconut in the cheeseburger!?
I do enjoy calling someone a Dr. in my family! Congrats Dr. Beckstud!
YES! We really enjoyed spending time with the granchildren and family. But you should have experienced the train ride with us. Wheeling Dad around in Mall of America. Most of all taking Dad to the Sears tower on Chicago's horrible side walks and no curb streets! What an adventure! (Did I mention I had him stand up in his chair as I practily dumped him onto the street?! We were doing circles in the road trying to find a way up and down the curbs). Yes! It was an adventure we will never forget for quite some time. We loved it! Love, Mom and Dad
P.S. The kids are great!
The Dr. is great!
Jenny was a great support to her family!
The whole graduation time spent was awesome!!!! Dad had a front roll seat! We all loved it very much. Thanks for the nice lucheon!
Thanks for the Brocoli and cheese soup!
Post a Comment