Saturday, August 27, 2011

Home Improvement Update - 27 August 2011

I got the window put in today.  I special ordered it to fit the opening, but for some reason, they decided to deliver a larger window than I requested.  Instead of just being a simple unwrap and install, I ended up ripping out the frame I already built, altering it, cutting of some of the window fin, and then putting it in.  I have it trimmed out on the outside.  Now I just need to prime and paint the trim, and then the outside is basically done.  I hope to have the framing done on the inside by the end of the week.  It will likely be some time before I get it fully trimmed out on the inside.

The current plan is to try to get the hole cut out for the other egress window this weekend and then get that window installed.

2 comments:

Sasha said...

you are one busy guy I must say!

Looks great! Can't believe all the work you do building/renovating the house. Dad would love to see this.....he has almost completly redone this inside of the house. I will have to tell him what you are doing. It will make him smile.

Grandma B said...

Yea!!!! ONE MORE WINDOW DONE!!!
How are your hands? You have really gone wild with your home. Sawing, hammering, glueing, nailing, working, working, done!
Inside & outside!
Help!
Your parents are swamped with needed repairs! hint hint!