Saturday, March 3, 2012

#20 Race car

The kids thoroughly enjoyed building their race cars today at Home Depot.  Instead of just building their cars, they also got to race them today.  They had a simple track set up, similar to a pine wood derby track.  When they had three or more kids ready to race, they would start the race.  Whoever won that heat got a free backpack.  Homer, the Home Depot mascot, was there giving out the backpacks to the kids.  Once they won a heat, they weren't allowed to race again (so that all the kids could win).   Alise won after a few races.  Zadik, on the other hand, couldn't make it all the way down the track because his car kept swerving to the side.  After about a dozen tries I told him he could try one last time.  When he failed to win, he loudly said "I didn't win!"  I asked him if he still had fun though, and he said that he did.  He was fine with not winning, so we gathered up our stuff and headed out to find some stuff for dad.  A couple minutes later, Homer tracked us down and gave Zadik a backpack anyway.  I think Homer thought Zadik was sad about not winning.  I also think it was their intention to give every kid a backpack.
Zadik and Alise have this year's model, Brenna is sporting last years.  The only difference is that the car from last year has a black air splitter and one extra sticker.


No comments: