The hallway is also finished, sans doors on every opening.
I have also made some progress on the master bedroom. All the framing is done, the lights are in, and most of the electrical work is done. I should be able to get it done tomorrow. Then I will get all the insulation done, hopefully either tomorrow or Tuesday. Ryan is coming up for a couple days, and Jenny wants to have him help put the ceiling up. I am hoping to have that done by Wednesday. By Friday I should have the sheetrock up on the walls too. That means we can start the wonderful process of mudding and taping this weekend.
I started some of the plumbing in the bathroom, but Jenny told me she wanted to finish our room first.
I also put in a radon fan recently. I had to make holes in every level of the house from the cement floor in the basement through the roof. I ran a 4" pipe the whole way, with a fan located in the attic. The pipe runs through the bathroom/storage area downstairs, and then through the hall closet upstairs.
We did two radon tests to see if we needed to install the fan. The first test came back at around 8.3 pCi/L. The safe level is 4. We did a follow up test to make sure it wasn't a bad test. The second test came back at 5.6. Since both were too high, I installed the fan. We did a follow up test a couple weeks ago to make sure the fan was working. The new result is <0.3. I am quite pleased with that result.
Since I ran some pipes through the coat closet (the radon pipe and a bathroom vent pipe) I decided to redo the closet. I built a small wall to enclose the two pipes. Along the side of that wall there is a small gap about 6" wide. I am going to build shoe shelves to go in that gap. On the other side of the wall we built a bunch of cubbies for the kids to put their miscellaneous stuff into. Jenny used her cricut to make some labels for each kids' cubby. I also framed out the new laundry shoot that will go through the closet. Since the old laundry shoot is located right over where the bathroom sink will be, we decided to move the location to the other side of the room. The new shoot will be in the top of the linen closet that will be built downstairs.
1 comment:
I have a very talented son!
Way to go Byram!
Post a Comment