Sunday, November 2, 2014

Projects

The kids and I have all been working on projects lately.  The kids built a project at the Zoo Boo last week.  The Home Depot had a booth set up where the kids could build a jet ski.  They all built one, but we lost Annies prior to taking this picture.  Alise let Annie hold her project for the picture.

We also did a regular Home Depot project yesterday.  The three girls built pallet drink coasters.  Zadik didn't want to go, so I made him build a project with me at home.  He took some scraps of wood and built a plane.

I have also been working on picture frames.  I built a wooden frame for Annie's portrait that Grandma Beckstead painted for her.  The second picture below shows all four portraits lined up in our dining room.



I also built a frame for a painting that I stole from my parent's house.  I wanted to build a rustic looking frame.  Most of the wood came from an old weathered pallet.  The remainder came from some extra fencing boards that have been outside my shed since we moved in.


The final thing of note is that we are redoing our fireplace.  Jenny didn't like the brick that was there, so we are covering it with tile.  As you can see in the pictures above, the mantle has been removed, and I put a base of thinset on the bricks to fill in the grout lines and give a level base to work from.  We are also going to build bookcases on both sides of the fireplace.

1 comment:

Grandma B said...

The frames turned out fantastic Byram!!! I love how Alise showed love for her sister by letting her hold her jet ski for the picture. The jet skis are pretty cool! I can hardly wait until I can come out there and have a tall glass of cold water on a pretty pink coaster! I love Zadik's airplane. I'm glad he built something at home with papa. Book shelves look good. It is all looking nice. I love my family!!!