Thursday, September 17, 2009

Summer Update

Life has been pretty hectic lately. It has been a while since I last wrote, so I will start from the time we left Bloomington. I took the bar on a Monday through Wednesday at the end of July, flew back to Indiana and loaded up the truck on Thursday, and started driving on Friday around noon. I made it to Salt Lake Saturday night and slept Sunday. Then on Monday I drove up to Idaho with a good friend, unloaded the truck into a dumpy apartment, and drove back to Salt Lake to drop off the truck. Then I went back up to Pocatello on Tuesday to fill out paperwork and pee in a cup. I was supposed to start work the next day, but they decided to have me start the following Monday, so I deep cleaned the apartment for two days and then drove back down to Salt Lake. That following Sunday I drove back up to Pocatello with Jenny and the kids to settle in. I worked one full week and then drove down to Moab for a family vacation.

Once we got back to Pocatello we started looking for a house. We spent a lot of time on the internet figuring out what we liked and what we could afford. After applying for a loan and being approved we started looking at homes with a realtor. (We were not impressed with him.) We did find a home that we liked a lot, so we put on offer on it last Saturday. After a couple counter offers the we reached an agreement and are now contractually bound to buy the home unless something big shows up in the inspection. The inspection will happen tomorrow. I am hoping to be there for part of it, but I might no be able to because I have two trials currently scheduled for the same time.

We are also expecting a new baby. It was an unexpected graduation present. It is due January 31.

2 comments:

DCJ said...

who was your realtor? i've got a friend who is a realtor in pocatello...

Beckstud said...

Our realtor is Tom Stoddard with Satterfield Realty.