Sunday, February 28, 2010

Home Improvement Update

Since I wrote last I have made a little more progress on the house. I am still working on getting the family room finished. I plugged up the drain pipe where the washer hose used to connect into. Now it is a cleanout that can be accessed in case that line ever plugs up.

I think the only thing left to do before framing the family room is to move one heat vent. Right now there is a heating line that runs diagonally under the stairs and vents up to the kitchen right behind the door. I don't think that vent has been open for several years, if not decades. When I opened it is was almost rusted shut. I am going to re-route that line so that it opens into the family room downstairs.

When we remodel the kitchen I will add a new vent in the kitchen. Currently I am planning on running it under where the bar will go, with one side venting to the kitchen and the other side venting to the dining area. Right now the vent for the dining room is under the window, which will have to be removed when we rip out the winodw and install a door. When we rip out that line I will simply put the vent upside down so that it provides a second heat source for the downstairs family room.

1 comment:

Grandma B said...

If you get bored come to my house! I have a list of repairs!