Quite a bit has happened since the last post. All of the sanding was finished in the basement, so I got the paint on. Right now we are working on finishing up the doggie door and window. After that, we will put up the brick molding. Jenny has already painted the tree and most of the grass. She is just waiting for me to get the doggie door done so that she can paint the doghouse. We painted the trim yesterday, so we should be able to start installing it this week. After that, we will be able to put in the carpet.
As far as the yard goes, we have been slowly trimming the dead limbs off of the trees in the front yard. We had a friend give us two cords of wood, so I have spent most of my wood related efforts in splitting and stacking that wood. A few more evenings of that and I can resume the tree trimming efforts again.
The garden is growing quite well. We finally weeded it a few weeks ago. Instead on continuing to weed it, we put down some landscaping fabric. I am throwing all of the grass clipping on top of the fabric to prevent any new weeds from growing. Most of our plants are growing really well, but a few things didn't do anything at all. We didn't get any potatoes from the two rows we planted. We do have two plants that we are growing really well, but we don't know what they are. They are growing so well that I am beginning to think they are weeds.
We also washed both vehicles yesterday. The kids were great unless they got any water on them. Since I had the hose, they got soaked. Jenny said I was mean, but I'm sure the kids will get over it.
No comments:
Post a Comment