Saturday, June 19, 2010

Home Improvement Update - June 19, 2010

I haven't made much visible progress in the basement since the last update. I have slowly been working on getting the sanding done. I don't like this stage because it is messy, tiring, and it looks like I haven't done anything at the end of the day. I need to touch up several areas, but it should only require one light sanding over those areas and then the sanding should be done.

I did get a new sprinkler control line ran from the box over to where I want to hook it up in the garage. Now I just need to run a new outlet there and then I can run the sprinklers automatically.

As far as the rest of the yard goes, most of it is growing well. About half of what we planted in the garden has come up. As long as we can keep the kids out, it should grow well. I took Alise and Zadik out a couple days ago to see what was coming up. Alise saw me pick a blade of grass, so she leaned over and picked a bigger blade of grass. Unfortunately, it was corn, not grass.

The blueberry and raspberry plants are doing well. Unfortunately, the pear tree and the blackberry start appear to be dead or dying. The strawberries have not appeared yet.

1 comment:

Grandma B said...

Strawberries take a few years. Patience will bring you some of the best tasting Strawberries you can eat! Wait a year or two! :)