Sunday, March 6, 2011

5 going on 16

We were having dinner tonight when Alise mater-of-factly stated that she wanted to be in love. We asked her what that meant, and she said she wanted an older, handsome boy to be in love with her. He would sit by her and hold her hand. She would dress fancy for him. They would go to a ball, go for walks and watch scary movies together. After a few more questions she said, "I really want someone to be in love with me." Zadik volunteered to be in love with her, but she said he was too young for her. He is only three, and she needs a boy who is at least seven.

When we were getting ready for bed Alise asked why Zadik doesn't have any facial hair. I said it was becuase he hasn't hit puberty yet. I said when he does, he will get hair on his face, chest, and armpits. Then Alise said, "he will get hair on his penis too, right daddy?" I said yes, and then quickly changed the subject.

When I was saying good night, Alise looked at me and said, "Daddy, we need to talk tomorrow when you get home from work. You and Mommy do things different and we need to talk about it."

No comments: