As for the house, we have been taking a break on new projects in order to save up some money. All of the upcoming projects (finishing the bathroom, kitchen remodel, french doors in the dining room, backyard deck and patio) are all pretty costly. Finishing Zadik's room was the last big project, which drained our home repair budget.
As for our garden, the kids and I planted some seeds in garden starter kits a few weeks ago. About half of the seeds took, so we will be replanting the rest soon. I also cleaned out the berry patch yesterday. That was not a fun task. I have serious scrapes and scratches all over my hands and forearms. I also have numerous tiny slivers in my fingers at inconvenient places. I did wear gloves for most of the thinning, but I had to take them off in order to tie off the canes to a support wire. Alise and Zadik helped some with that, but quit after their first sliver.
As for scouts, a couple weeks ago we did a camp in Island Park in a cabin. We went there to do a six month plan for the troop. We also spent a lot a time playing on snowmobiles. The Scouts do this as an annual camp out. This was my second time going, and my second time on a snowmobile. I had a lot of fun. Last year I didn't go above about 25 mph. This year I was on a much more powerful sled, and we took a longer ride. I got up to 70 mph on numerous occasions At one point in our long ride, we came to an open area that was full of fresh powder. The guy who was leading us told us to have some fun. I got up to around 70 mph and was having a blast. Unbeknownst to me at the time, there was a dry creek bed running near one side of the meadow. I discovered it when the snow suddenly dropped a good five feet right in front of me. I had no time to react, except to hold on for dear life. I shot up the other side of the creek bed still going about 70 mph. I decided to slow it down a little at that point, since my adrenaline glands wouldn't have handled many more thrills for a while.
Jenny and I also had a date night on Friday. I decided to stay dressed up from work, even though Jenny didn't return the favor. After dinner, we decided to walk through the mall to see if there were any sales. I found a couple shirts and a new pair of suspenders on clearance. When we got home, Alise decided that she wanted my older pair of suspenders. I also got new glasses this week, so she decided to wear my suspenders and glasses to look like me. It was certainly a picture worthy moment. Not to be outdone, Brenna also had to get a picture with me. We tried putting the glasses and suspenders on her, but she just started crying. And for the record, Jenny did tell me that I look like a nerd in my bow tie and suspenders. It's okay, I still love her! (and since this is my blog, I can post embarrassing picture of her!)
1 comment:
Sticker! Thorns! Slivers! OUCH!
You had 2 of the best helpers! Until,,,, Slivers!
Snowmoble=What a Blast!
& what a giggle we had!!!
Bow Tie & Suspenders?
Really?
How could you take our granddaughter there?
NO ALISE!!!!
Yes, You caught Jenny, not at her best; However, That is how we feel too Jenny!!!!
MOST OF ALL THOUGH, WE LOVE YOU ALL!!!
Post a Comment