Saturday, December 27, 2014

Hot N Cold

We started our day today by getting really hot.  We went to Lava hot springs and spent a couple hours roasting ourselves in the hot pools.  It was about 20 degrees outside, but the pools ranged from 103 to 112 degrees.  The pools were so hot, that the whole area was steamy.  I convinced the oldest two kids to get out of the pools and lay down in the snow covered grass.  They lasted about a second and then darted back into the warmth of the water.

We ended our day by getting really cold.  The kids got a trampoline for Christmas.  Since I am a bit crazy, I shoveled off the back patio and set it up for them.  I got most of it done yesterday, but I still had to attach the netting.  Alise helped me do that today.  Once it was set up, all four kids put on coats, gloves, hats, and several pairs of socks and started jumping.  I finally forced them to come back in the house after almost an hour.


1 comment:

Grandma B said...

I remember those days!!! Trampolines are great fun! Until the kids become teenagers and jump and play higher and fancier. Then you hold your breath and hope no one gets hurt!
I love the video! I miss my precious grandchildren.