Saturday, June 1, 2013

Lawn Mower pencil holder

Today we built lawn mower pencil holders at the Home Depot.  The most interesting part was that we built them in Hays, Kansas.  We went to Kansas this week to visit some friends we made in Indiana (the Tuais).  We headed back home on Saturday, so we found a Home Depot on the way and gave the kid a break from driving.  The kids did a good job with these.  As you can see from Alise's mower, each mower holds four pencils.

I did my own project while we were in Kansas.  Cameron Tuai and I installed a pocket door between their kitchen and dining room.  It was a fairly straight forward project, but it took a while to get it done.  We ripped out a section of wall, cut out most of the studs in the area, and moved plumbing and electrical.  We then installed the pocket door frame, installed the door, and put in the Sheetrock.  Finally, it was mudding, taping, and painting.  (I don't have nay pictures.)

No comments: